Few things are less appealing than the considered searching for medical insurance. What’s available in my area? What do they cover? What’s my copayment? How outrageously high is the deductible?
See: Stimulus Updates To Know for Spring 2022
Find Out: States Whose Economies Are Failing vs. States Whose Economies Are Thriving
Despite the daunting variety of options and all of the complexity involved, there’s one indisputable fact that simplifies all the process — the “best” medical insurance company depends upon you, your household and what you’re trying to get out of your insurance provider.
Best Savings Accounts: Select a high-interest savings account from our top banks with rates at 5X to 10X the national average and begin saving today.
Here’s a have a look at the very best firms in accordance with the factors that the majority households care about.
BCBS Is Tops for Reach, Network Size and Accessibility
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Network is a consortium of 35 firms that cover each zip code in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. The BCBS network includes 1.7 million doctors and hospitals internationally — greater than some other insurer — including 90% of all providers nationwide.
Together, the BCBS firms cover greater than 110 million members — that’s about one-third of the country — including 17 million union employees, retirees and their families and half of all federal employees. With 5.6 million members, the BCBS Federal Worker Program is the most important healthcare plan on this planet. Within the private sector, 88 of the Fortune 100 firms provide health coverage through BCBS and the network covers 7 million individuals who work for small businesses.
BCBS is hardly the one game on the town. Should you’re on the lookout for an organization with an enormous network and an limitless list of providers, the next insurers are also excellent bets:
- United Healthcare: With 70 million members, United is the most important medical insurance company in America — nearly double the scale of No. 2 Anthem, in accordance with Statista — and it’s the most important by revenue, too. What does that mean for you? With 1.3 million providers and 6,500 hospitals, United gives you access to one among the most important provider networks within the country and the world.
- Cigna: Cigna has 1.5 million providers in its network — approaching BCBS numbers — which suggests you won’t have trouble finding a healthcare skilled you want. Its 67,000-plus contracted pharmacies include 99% of all pharmacies in America.
Free Samples: Get free samples by mail. You tell us what you’re thinking that. No catch, no bank card required! Select your free samples from PINCHme now.
POLL: Do You Think People Should Put money into Crypto?
Select Aetna If You’re More Concerned With Customer Satisfaction
Healthline currently ranks Aetna as having the very best customer satisfaction rates within the industry, because of features like convenient walk-in care options, access to telehealth services, free screenings and $0 MinuteClinic visits. Healthline also rates Aetna’s online customer support platforms as the very best available on the market.
When Forbes ranked the very best insurance firms of 2022, Aetna took top billing. Here, too, the explanations largely handled customer satisfaction — things like the corporate’s large network of 1.2 million providers and 5,700 hospitals, and the inclusion of services like holistic treatment and lifestyle services like smoking cessation, counseling and life coaching.
Should you’re on the lookout for an organization that keeps its members comfortable, these providers also trade on their reputations for excellent customer satisfaction:
- Humana: Each the research firm Forrester and the analytics firm Verint place Humana in the highest three by way of customer satisfaction in major industry studies — the Forrester study included data from 85,000 customers.
- United Healthcare: United ranked on the very top of the Verint study, which was based on 260 data points for each medical insurance provider.
United Leads the Pack of Providers With Good Mental Health Coverage
Through the pandemic, medical insurance firms began placing a greater emphasis on mental health coverage. VeryWellMind conducted independent research on the very best medical insurance firms for mental health and asked healthcare professionals to review the findings.
The outcomes found that United Healthcare is at the highest of the list, because of offerings like a 24/7 emotional support hotline, telehealth, talk space online therapy and treatment for substance abuse and gambling, including each inpatient and outpatient services.
United ranked at the highest, however it’s not in a category by itself. These providers earned marks that were nearly as high:
- Kaiser Permanente: Kaiser gets high marks for covering mental health services without referrals, personalized treatment plans, and for covering a variety of treatments and care, including therapy, counseling, addiction and recovery support, help with eating disorders, suicide prevention, depression and anxiety.
- Cigna: Cigna ranks high for its 24/7 nurse hotline, round the clock mental health virtual care, and its large behavioral health network of licensed mental health providers and inpatient and outpatient services.
These Providers Offer the Lowest Copays
Should you’re most concerned with cost — as so many households are — you’ll desire a plan with a low copay, although that sometimes means the next deductible and the speed you pay varies by state. In line with Forbes, the next major medical insurance firms, which cover all 50 states, have the bottom available copays:
- Humana: Physician copays start at $0
- Cigna: Physician copays start at $0
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Physician copays start at $10
- United Healthcare: Physician copays start at $20
- Aetna: Physician copays start at $20
More From GOBankingRates
Concerning the Creator
Andrew Lisa has been writing professionally since 2001. An award-winning author, Andrew was formerly one among the youngest nationally distributed columnists for the most important newspaper syndicate within the country, the Gannett News Service. He worked because the business section editor for amNewYork, essentially the most widely distributed newspaper in Manhattan, and worked as a duplicate editor for TheStreet.com, a financial publication in the center of Wall Street’s investment community in Latest York City.