Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd, a three way partnership of Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Karnataka Bank, Dabur Investments, and Sompo Japan Insurance Inc, has launched a medical insurance package that gives a bunch of services including hospitalisation charges because of accident, illness or surgery arising out of any disease, occurred through the policy period. The Complete Healthcare Insurance plan is a comprehensive medical insurance cover that features a slew of recent features, including 14 base and 26 add-on covers to guard policyholders from escalating medical costs, the corporate said in a press release dated July 1, Friday.
“Moreover, it has five product variants to cater to numerous customer segments. It covers medical expenses incurred by the insured because of hospitalization/ domiciliary hospitalization within the event of a sudden illness, accident, or any surgery required in the midst of any disease that has developed through the policy period,” Universal Sompo General Insurance said within the press release.
Advantages of Universal Sompo Complete Healthcare Insurance Plan
– The Universal Sompo healthcare package provides comprehensive coverage that will be renewed indefinitely.
– It offers a big selection of Sum Insured options, as much as Rs 50 lakh, at a competitive premium rate.
– Further, the policyholders can expect a premium waiver for the fourth 12 months of the policy.
– The differentiating characteristic of the policy is a one-year waiting period for certain specific ailments together with a reduced waiting time for pre-existing diseases.
– Other salient features of the policy include OPD and maternity coverage together with Emergency Assistance Services that will be availed the world over.
Key Features of the Policy
– The policy tenure ranges between one, two and three years
– There are five kinds of plans under the Universal Sompo healthcare package — Essential, Privilege, Plus, Premier, Executive, Digi – Pro
– The minimum age at entry for general people ought to be 18 years, while the utmost age is 75 years. For youngsters, the minimum age is 91 days, with the utmost being 25 years
– As much as 20 relationships with insured is roofed under this package
– The bottom package offers coverage on in-patient treatments including Day-Care Procedures, Post Hospitalisation, Domiciliary Expenses, Organ Donor, Ambulance Charges, Pre-Hospitalisation. It also covers out-patient treatments including – Mother and Child-Care Profit, Dental Treatment (Accident Only),
Ayush Profit, Each day Money for Accompanying Child, Vaccination, Convalescence Profit. Furthermore, in case the policyholder exhausts Base Sum Insured (SI) and No Claim Bonus in a policy 12 months, then the Company will restore SI equal to Base SI. Further, the bottom package also offers tax advantages under Sections 80 D, 10 D
While announcing the launch of the Complete Health Insurance plan, Sharad Mathur, managing director and CEO at Universal Sompo, said, “An efficient medical insurance is a major foundation of social security. The set of recent features in our policy provides customers with a wide range of add-on coverages while keeping the premium rates inexpensive. The uncertainties that each one of us face today, be it financial or by way of health and wellbeing, invigorates the necessity for having a comprehensive medical insurance cover”
Read all of the Latest News, Breaking News, watch Top Videos and Live TV here.