Mumbai: Aditya Birla Health Insurance has launched ‘Health Add-ons’, a spread of six unique add-on covers that could be added to the present indemnity plans to offer a comprehensive cover at an inexpensive price. These Health Add-ons could be added to ABHICL’s retail indemnity plans reminiscent of Activ Health, Activ Assure and Activ Care.
The six latest add-ons are namely, Future Secure, Cancer Hospitalisation Booster, Vaccine Cover, Personal Accident, reduction in PED waiting period and Tele-OPD Consultation.
In recent times, investing in medical health insurance has change into a very important part of monetary planning to guard your family members from medical emergencies. These ‘Health Add-ons’ will enable policyholders and their families to safeguard their future. The brand new set of health riders with specially designed add-ons could be attached with standalone medical health insurance plans reminiscent of Activ Health, Activ Assure and Activ Care.
Mayank Bathwal, CEO, Aditya Birla Health Insurance speaking concerning the launch of add-ons said, “In today’s uncertain times, customers repeatedly search for comprehensive health cover. The six latest health add-ons will provide extra protection to the policyholders by making their medical health insurance policies more robust and comprehensive. Available at an inexpensive premium, customers can now avail multiple advantages like protection of no claim bonus, cover for vaccines, tele-OPD consultations, and more.”
In response to the corporate, the range of six latest add-ons will cover features like:
1. Future Secure Add-On has three features:
Non-Medical Expense waiver – The rider covers the price of non-medical Items during hospitalization arising out of illness or injury through the policy period.
Sum Insured Inflation protection – Helps with the extra increase within the sum insured of the bottom policy based on the inflation rate within the previous calendar 12 months as an inflation protector.
No Claim Bonus Protector – Ensures no impact or reduction on ‘Any No Claim Bonus’ accrued at renewals, if total claims paid within the previous policy 12 months of the bottom policy doesn’t exceed the 25 per cent of the sum insured of the bottom policy.
2. Cancer Hospitalisation Booster: Customers will stand up to 100 per cent additional sum insured of the bottom policy towards medical expenses incurred for hospitalisation in case of “Cancer of Specified Severity”. It also covers pre and post hospitalisation expenses as much as the sum insured of the bottom policy on reimbursement basis.
3. Vaccine Cover: Customers will find a way to get vaccination cover for cover against any diseases that are declared as pandemic or epidemic by World Health Organization (WHO) or Central Government or State Government.
4. Personal Accident: Claims in case of accidental death and everlasting total disability (100 per cent of the sum insured) and a portion of the sum insured in case of everlasting partial disability, if the said event occurs inside 12 months of the accident. It also offers a cumulative bonus of 5 per cent per claim free 12 months, as much as a maximum of fifty per cent of the sum insured.
5. Reduction in PED waiting period: If this add-on cover is opted on the inception of the primary policy with the insurer they usually have accepted the identical, then they may reduce the applicable Pre Existing disease waiting period for claims related to Pre-Existing Diseases to the period as opted and laid out in the policy schedule/product profit table.
- Option one: 4 Yrs. to Two Yrs.
- Option two: 4 Yrs. to One Yr.
- Option three: Three Yrs. to Two Yrs.
- Option 4: Three Yrs. to One Yr.
6. Tele – OPD Consultation: Medically obligatory consultations / e- consultation and/or teleconsultation can be provided by medical practitioners throughout the network provider’s network on an out-patient basis pertaining to an illness, injury contracted or sustained through the policy period.
The brand new add-ons can be found at very inexpensive premiums. The purchasers can select one or multiple add-on covers by paying an extra premium. Same add-on covers are allowed with multiple base policies, subject to underwriting. Nevertheless, Health Add-ons can’t be purchased in isolation or as a separate product.